Deadline: 2024 YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program Cohort 47
Applications are now open for the 2024 YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program Cohort 47. The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States Government, to train the next generation of African Leaders who will shape the future of African business and entrepreneurship, civil society leadership, and public sector management.
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
Selection for participation in Cohort 47 (Online) of the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa, Accra will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition. All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel and shortlisted. Shortlisted applicants will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program issued.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- Demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
Applicants will not be discriminated against based on race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Business and Entrepreneurship
This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
Civil Society Management
This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, or volunteerism.
Public Policy and Management
This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks
- At the end of the program participants will be awarded with certificates and become members of the YALI Alumni
- Participants will be taken through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership roles in their various endeavors.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Website of the 2024 YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program to apply | 2024 YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program Cohort 47
Do you want to share your impact stories or pitch the coverage of your CSR event to us? E-mail: email@example.com or *Phone +234-806-795-0250 (Whatsapp &Text)